Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day




Valentine's Day has never been a big deal for me.  Don't get me wrong - I love all the girly colors and hearts and romance.



But when it comes to my expectations for the holiday, I like to believe they are well below what most other females desire.  The only thing I really want is for someone (read: Mike) to ask me to be his Valentine and enjoy a really yummy meal together.



This works out surprising well for Mike.  The poor guy has Christmas in December, our anniversary at the end of January, Valentine's Day in February and then my birthday in March.  Harsh!



Instead, we always keep it very low key for Valentine's Day.  We set a small spending limit for gifts; this year we decided on $25 - gift, card and wrapping.  



We both groaned at the idea of venturing out to dine in a restaurant - so many other people!  We don't like crowds very much.  We actually enjoy being able to hear one another speak.



So, I planned the menu for the day, special just for the two of us and our tastes.



The day started off with breakfast in bed: heart shaped toads-in-a-hole made with thick slices of homemade white bread, thick-sliced bacon and a citrus salad - grapefruit, naval orange and blood orange segements with slivers of mint.  And french-press coffee, of course.



Happy Valentine's Day!



Check back later in the week to see some selections of our Valentine's Day menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs