Monday, October 11, 2010

Pat's King of Steaks

DSC_0129

Being somewhat of a foodie, most of my travel dreams also include enjoying the local fare.

For instance, when I picture dreamy days in Paris, I imagine enjoying a croissant and cafe au lait in some quaint cafe.  

Indulging in pizza, pasta, and gelato in Italy.  Devouring a pretzel and brawts in Germany.  You get the idea.  

DSC_0113

One of these items on my list was a bit more attainable, waiting just a little south of Manhattan, although the distance had kept us apart until this past weekend.

A cheesesteak in Philly.  Whiz wit, please.

DSC_0116

Mike and I joined a group of friends in Philadelphia this weekend for a mini-college reunion.  Over the course of the evening, the Philly native was stunned to learn I had never enjoyed a true cheesesteak.

So Sunday afternoon, Tom remedied the situation and chauffeured us hungry people to the place that made what he considered the best cheesesteaks around.

DSC_0119

We waited patiently in line, placed our orders (correctly!), received our food, and chowed down on the tailgate of the car.

I got my whiz wit in Philadelphia.  And I got to enjoy it with some pretty awesome friends.

Happy tummy.  Screaming thighs.  Cross it off my list.

DSC_0125

Pat's King of Steaks
1237 East Passyunk Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19147-5060

2 comments:

  1. I raised you better than to eat flippin cheeze whiz. With onions, sweet and hot peppers and AMERICAN cheese. Cheese whiz belongs in a trailer park, you DON'T! Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also raised me to trust locals with food recommendations. And Tom did not disappoint; there is no way anyone could hate that cheesesteak. Even with cheeze whiz :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs