Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lemon-Limeade

DSC_0101_0104

Phew! I just survived the absolute craziest, draining, rewarding three months of my adult life. Starting my new job back in March, I could never imagine the long hours, the endless spreadsheets, the occasional break-down. There was also no way I could imagine the payoff and feeling as though I finally found a job I love with people who have become a second family. More on this later – believe me, I have a ton of photos and stories from the event to share with you all.

For now, let’s focus on the fact that summertime is upon us. These last few weeks made me feel like a school girl again, mentally preparing my summer can’t-wait-to-do list which is, unsurprisingly, heavily weighted towards food and drinks, intermixed with a few household projects. But one common thread seems to run through each item on my list: simplify. Take a deep breath.

Luckily, one of my favorite summer treats is incredibly simple to create and the result is well worth the few extra minutes required in making this drink from scratch. I love slowly sipping on a glass of this lemon-limeade, the tartness pulling at the sides of my checks and the sweetness instantly soothing them. Welcome sweet summertime.


Lemon-Limeade
makes 4½ cups

The simplicity of this summertime favorite guarantees you will always be able to whip up a refreshing drink, even on the hottest summer days.

Ingredients
1½ cups water
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh lime juice

Preparation Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Stir with a wooden spoon. To serve, pour into individual glasses, over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs