Friday, August 31, 2012

Colorado Bound!

DSC_0913

Tomorrow, I am returning to beautiful Colorado. And this time, I'm taking my sweetie pie with me!

Somehow we knew this vacation (just the two of us!) would be much needed. And that, my friend, would be an understatement. A few weeks ago, we returned from some relaxing days in Florida and since then, I feel we have barely seen each other. Our days usually progress as so: a quick kiss good-bye in the morning, work, gym, dinner, dishes, more work (MBA application work for Mike, wedding planning for me), go to sleep too late, get up and start it all over again. Minimal cuddling time. Dislike.

On top of our hectic schedules, we are both looking to the next year with a lot of excitement and anticipation, but also with some anxiety about things that are out of our control, you know, things like where we will be living in a year. Mike and I are both planners: totally type-a, completely detail-oriented. I find myself repeating, "It's okay, it will all work out," a lot - both to myself and out loud.

It is okay. It will all work out. There are moments when I feel frustrated and overwhelmed and want to cry. Moments when I just cannot look at another wedding blog. Moments when I just can't figure out another "What if?" scenario if we do actually pack our bags for another city. But there are significantly more moments that bring tears to my eyes because I just feel so incredibly blessed. Blessed to have my family, friends, co-workers. Beyond blessed to be able to marry the man who makes me the happiest girl in the world.

So off we go! Time to relax! Time to rock climb, hike, breathe fresh air, and drink too much beer! Cheers to that!

1 comment:

  1. Relax, you are blessed and just enjoy that great feeling.
    You are so right in that things will work out. This is not the first unknown area that you have tackled,usually with a few detours. And the detours bring you to a spot better than you imagined.
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs