Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A New Design!

When it comes to the design of this blog, I am sorry to say that I am one of those people who is never, ever satisfied with the design. Like my mother repainting a bathroom 103 times before she found just the perfect shade of blue, I am a tweaker and a perfectionist. I want the fonts, colors, layout, and feel to be just right for my readers.

But after almost four years (what?!) of blogging, I have come to a not-so-startling conclusion: I am not a blog designer or coder. Shocking, right? The past few months have been filled to the brim with things in life that need to be planned and accomplished and I am slowly (and a bit reluctantly) learning that I cannot do it all.

And that’s okay! I cannot begin to calculate the hours upon hours I have spent working on the various designs for my blog, hours Googling and watching tutorials on how to code. I was stubborn enough to think that this was time well spent – why pay someone to do the work when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself?

Turns out, I’m not actually that capable, I don’t really enjoy it, and there are plenty of very talented people out there who can do a much better job than me! This space was ready for a refresh and, as I am very happily starting to receive a few photography assignments here and there, I really wanted this space to instantly reflect my personality for my readers. With this in mind and still on a tight budget, I decided to outsource the design of my blog to much more able hands. For an incredibly small cost, I have now freed up those previously frustrating hours to focus on clients, projects, planning, blogging, and life.

So, what do you think?! The lovely team of Designer Blogs is responsible for this beautiful update and I am just so thrilled!  I tweaked a few things (I had to!) to make the layout just perfect and I added a bit of sparkle (because it makes me happy!) with the gold glitter social media icons from Mint 102. I feel relaxed and inspired every time I open my browser and I cannot wait to use those extra hours to actually be able to share my photographs, stories, and recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and glad it will give you more time. And such an interesting write up of what you wanted and did accomplish. good going

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs